Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Broderick Comes Through Again

I really wasn’t feeling happy about this blog because it lacked something very important: the touch of my pal, extraordinary designer, Patrick Broderick. It just didn’t feel right. Pat has designed all the cool stuff on my sites for over a decade. He understands me better than my own mother did. He told me he’s giving up on web design because the technology has passed him by and he’s sick of having to learn the new coding. It’s a damn shame! Without Pat, I had to make my new lloyddangle.com site myself with Wordpress. It’s good but it lacks the Broderick warmth and the Broderick jazz.

Anyway, I begged Pat to design a header for this blog and he took his sweet time, but as you can see he did it! And it is awesome. The vermillion and gold of the lettering is explosive. The colors set your jaw on edge. The word “Dangle” appears in a font so distressed it’s not a font at all. It calls bullishit on fonts. The “G” looks like the claw of a decomposing crab. It’s the kind of lettering I draw when I wake up after a week-long tequila binge. Pat also sprinkled in some cartoons that I drew for him but he held back on them, grayed them down just a bit so they comfortably settled into the background. I don’t know how he does it. Thanks to Pat for all those years of Troubletown design excellence. I’m still going to tap you for a button from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. He certainly has done beautiful work. I don't blame him for not wanting to learn new code. It's a never-ending, uphill battle to stay on top of all of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete